Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes!
A wonderful chef friend and mom extraordinaire once told me that if you add cinnamon to just about anything kids will eat it. I haven’t proven that out in totality, but Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes are irresistible to the kid in most of us! h
Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
This is a fun easy and yummy way to dish up flavor packed sweet potatoes. We’ve had fun by adding a bit of a ‘bite’ by using Cultivated Tree Baklouti Green Chili Fused Olive Oil. For a more family friendly version use our Butter Infused Olive Oil.
- 6 medium Sweet Potatoes – about 10-11 ounces each – cleaned and dried
- 1/4 cup Cultivated Tree Baklouti Green Chili Fused Oilive Oil – or substitute Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Cultivated Tree Butter Infused Olive Oil – use all Butter Infused for a family friendly version
- 3 tbsp divided Cultivated Tree Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic
- 1 tbsp raw honey – optional
- 1 tbsp Orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans – optional
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or simply use a cast iron skillet to bake in (I like this best.)
To ‘hasselback’ the sweet potatoes, place a chopstick on each side of a potatoe and slice in 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick slices. This keeps you from slicing all the way through the potatoes. Stop slicing a 1/2 inch from the end of the potatoes. Repeat with the other potatoes
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oils, 2 tablespoons balsamic, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Drizzle or brush this mixture over the sliced potatoes in cast-iron skillet making sure to get into all the slices. Cover the skillet (or baking sheet) with aluminum foil.
Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and baste with the pan drippings. Bake another 10-15 minutes until tender.
In a small bowl combine the remaining 1 tablespoon Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic and 1 tablespoon raw honey.
Remove potatoes from the oven – place on a serving platter and drizzle the Balsamic-honey mixture and top with chopped toasted pecans. Watch them disappear!