Grilled or Broiled Shrimp
We all need a totally quick meal – try this Grilled or Broiled Shrimp made using a seasoning packet. Add the shrimp, olive oil and the spices & grill! Delicious in a tortilla, on top of a salad or just served with a side of rice and veg. Very easy …. this Dryglaze Spice Blend is available at the store. Or, with a bit more effort than opening the spice packet – I’ve included our version: Cultivated Tree Homemade Citrus Seasoning, to mix and use just the same way.
Cayman Citrus Heat Shrimp
We've shown you this using shrimp, but fish or chicken would be great as well.
Using Cayman Citrus Heat Seasoning Pack OR
- 2 oz Dryglaze Cayman Citrus Heat Seasoning -available at Cultivated Tree
- 2-3 lb shrimp, chicken or veggies
- 2-3 tbsp Cultivated Tree Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil - or Chipotle, Baklouti or Blood Orange Olive Oil
Using Cultivated Tree Homemade Citrus Seasoning
- 1 tbsp sugar such as demerara or date palm sugar - don't recommend white sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika, chili powder or chipotle powder - depending on level of heat you want
- 1 tspn lime zest or dried orange peel if storing - lime zest if using straight away
- 1/8 to 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper powder -optional
- 1/4 tspn dill powder
- 1/4 tspn garlic powder
- 1/4 tspn salt + ground pepper
Cultivated Tree Homemade Citrus Seasoning
In a medium mixing bowl add all spice ingredients and mix well. Remember - if you are storing this for later use, use the dried organic orange peel - otherwise to use immediately, lime zest is great.
Using Either Seasoning option
In a zip-lock or resealable bag, drizzle 2-3 pounds of meat, seafood or veggies with Olive Oil & coat with Dryglaze seasoning packet, or Cultivated Tree Homemade Citrus Seasoning
Close bag and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to develop the glaze.
Grill on indirect heat source: Shrimp, grill for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Chicken, until internal temp is 145° then remove from heat and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes. If roasting, cover with foil and roast as usual - remove foil halfway through for browning.
Remember this recipe gives you the option to use a Seasoning Packet we sell at the store OR we have included Cultivated Tree Homemade Citrus Seasoning to mix yourself and use. Serve the shrimp over rice, use in shrimp taco's or top a salad with this.