Corn, black bean and avocado dip and grilled corn on the Cobb are a great way to enjoy the bounty of summer! We hope you agree.
Grilled Corn on the Cobb
Whatever your grilling preference - this is a great use of summers bounty of corn!
- 4-6 ears ears of corn; shucked completely or just silk removed - if you like to grill in the husk see note at end
- 1-3 tbsp Cultivated Tree Persian Lime Infused olive oil or use Butter Infused / Chipotle Infused
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tspn each cob of our UA veggie roaster blends
- 4-6 pieces aluminum foil
Shuck the ears of corn, making sure to remove all the silk.
Using individual pieces of aluminum foil, place an ear of corn and brush with the olive oil your choose. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the foil.
Grill over medium heat for 30-40 minutes - rotating a few times.
When cooked to your liking - unwrap and grill for 1-3 minutes without the foil. Brush with Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil and sprinkle with spice blend - or Parmesan cheese .
See Notes for additional tips
To speed up the process of grilling in foil: first par boil or steam the cobbs. Finish on the grill with last steps.
If you like to grill in the husk: Pull husk down and remove silk. Skip the foil step and brush with Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil & salt and pepper. Bring husks back up around the cobb. Remove one of the outer peels of husk - use it to tie the husk at the top of each ear. This will create more stem while grilling.
Corn, black bean and avocado dip
A summer side or topping for taco's! Corn, black beans and avocado meld together with Mexican spices with Cultivated Tree Persian Lime Infused olive oil and Grapefruit White Balsamic.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels - defrosted & drained
- 2 can 15 oz black beans; drained & rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes; halved or chopped vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup grated Porcino Romano - or crumbled Cotija
- 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper - optional
- 1/2 tspn cumin
- 3/4 tspn chili powder
- 1/4 tspn each sea salt & fresh ground pepper - or to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp Cultivated Tree Grapefruit White Balsamic
- 4 tbsp Cultivated Tree Persian Lime Infused olive oil - or Chipotle Infused olive oil for more heat
In a large bowl, combine: corn, beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chopped cilantro and cheese.
In a small bowl mix cayenne (optional), cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper, fresh lime juice and Grapefruit White Balsamic. Slowly whisk in the Persian Lime infused olive oil.
Add the chopped avocado to the large bowl and then drizzle with the small bowl mixture. Gently combine; adjust salt and pepper. For best flavor refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to combine. Serve with tortilla chips - or use as a taco topping over pulled pork or chicken.
Serve as a dip with chips or use as a topping for pulled pork, chicken or shrimp taco's. Note, this is a great way to use leftover grilled corn on the cob as well!